Rules & Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS 2022 SEASON
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for making Gibson
Hill Park your second home. We have come a long way with still lots more to
do and we appreciate your support and understanding.
The following guidelines are set up to maintain the safe, sound environment of the campground. Please review the information provided so that you are aware of the Rules and Regulations. Please let us know if there is something unclear in any way. We are here to make your summer at Gibson Hill Park the most pleasant experience possible.
If a camping party is not renewing their seasonal site for the following year, please let us know as soon as possible and any and all bills need to be paid before your camper leaves the property. Anyone leaving but wishes to keep their camper here for the winter there will be a $300.00 storage fee.
Checks returned for any reason will be assessed a $25.00 fee.
Parents are responsible for their children at all times; children not adhering
to the rules set forth be Gibson Hill Park will be escorted to their parents and further action by this campground may result.
- An Adult must accompany children, under the age of 16 while at the pool. NO EXCEPTIONS: See new Pool Rules.
- Children 15 years and under are required by law to wear helmets while riding bicycles. ALL BICYCLES ARE BACK ON SITE BY SUNSET
- Rollerblading and skateboarding are not allowed in the Park.
- Gas or electric powered kids scooters are not allowed.
- Adults must accompany children to the playground. The playground is designed for children 12 and younger.
- Children are to be back on their sites by 10:00 p.m. unless accompanied by an adult.
- Children 12 and younger are not allowed to roam the campground without an adult.
- Battery-operated, ride-on vehicles (Barbie Jeep etc.) are restricted on the premises.
- The use of sidewalk chalk is prohibited.
- Due to insurance restrictions, on site kiddie pools and swing sets are not allowed on your site.
- Do not allow your young children to walk your dog throughout the campground. In the event of an emergency, children would not know how to respond and also children are not good at poop patrol and often will allow their dog to make deposits on other sites and even the middle of the road. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
SITE MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATIONS
- Site Maintenance is the responsibility of each individual party. Campground employees do not mow sites or rake leaves on existing seasonal sites. Alterations, such as platforms, sheds, etc; must be approved by the office BEFORE being erected. They must be built in 4×8 foot sections, bolted underneath, to provide easy maneuverability in the event one must be relocated. The platforms should be made from pressure treated or other approved wood and should remain close to the ground, approximately one cement block (8″ high). Please ask questions before beginning your project. A building permit is required by the Town of Sterling.
Additional platforms (for screen rooms, etc.) will be at the discretions of
- Seasonals are allowed one (1) shed per site. The shed must be no larger than 10×10 sq. feet.
- Please do not paint any rocks or trees. When planting platforms and sheds, they must be a color that compliments the outdoors, i.e., moss green, browns, etc. Loud colors are not permitted.
- Absolutely no horseshoe pits are allowed on sites. We have a Horseshoe Pit on your site. We have a Horseshoe Pit Corn hole is allowed as long as they are removable.
- The campground had the right to charge any clean-up or maintenance fees resulting from the neglect of any seasonal site. This will be strictly enforced.
- Any party that plans to sell their trailer anytime within the camping season must be aware that CAMPSITES ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE BETWEEN SELLING AND BUYING PARTIES. The management must approve the party purchasing the trailer before any change in occupants on the site take place. The site fee MUST NOT BE INCLUDED AS PART OF A “PACKAGE DEAL” WHEN SELLING A TRAILER ON SITE unless they are approved by management.
- Electric meters are read as close to the 1st of the month as possible.
- Bills are to be paid within seven (7) days upon receipt of the bill.
- A late fee of 5% will apply after 10 days and $25.00 will apply for anyone who is more than 30 days late.
- Please inform your visitors that there is a $5.00 fee per person for entering the campground and EVERYONE MUST PAY. Overnight guests will pay $10.00 per person. Refunds are given if the stay if less than 30 minutes.
- Children under 10 will be free.
- All campers and guests must park off the road and not in someone else’s site.
- Frequent visitors can visit as many times as they want for the season for a $100.00 fee.
- All campers must be available to accept company. Guests will not be permitted to visit on non-occupied sites.
- Sub-letting of sites is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of guests per site, especially on busy weekends.
- Campers with golf carts are required to have insurance.
- Those without insurance will not be permitted to operate a cart until paperwork have been given to the office.
- NO person under the age of 16 can operate to drive a golf cart or quad in the Park.
These are the pet guidelines suggested by our insurance carrier. Please follow these and all the rules of our park to help keep it safe and clean for everyone.
- Pets should be on a strong durable chain or rope that will keep your pet well within the boundaries of your site.
- Pets should never be left alone and unattended at any time.
- While walking your dog, please keep it on a short leash. Be sure the person walking the dog can maintain control of the dog in any situation.
- The pet owner must pick up all the pet droppings and dispose of them in a trash receptacle.
- All pets creating a disturbance or being a nuisance shall be removed from the park at the request of park personnel.
- All pets must have proper paperwork demonstrating current vaccinations; they must be presented be being allowed into the park.
- No more than one (1) pet per site unless grandfathered in.
- Inform your visitors that they are not allowed to bring pets.
- NO Pets allowed in recreation areas pavilion, playground, swimming pool, horseshoe pits or dance area.
- Pets and their actions are the sole responsibility of their owners.
- No Known vicious, attack dogs or biters allowed in the park. IF
YOUR DOG IS KNOWN TO SHOW THESE BEHAVIORS please leave them home or have it kenneled or cared for outside the park.
- An incident involving your dog can be cause for removal from the park. Damages, either to property or people, caused by your pet are your responsibility. Should your dog dig a hole in the ground, you are responsible for filling in that hole. You will be held liable for any property damage of injury caused by a hole a dog digs.
The pool is for everyone to enjoy. Please follow the rules and regulations to insure the enjoyment and safety for all .
- ABSOLUTELY NO DIVING. It is only 4 foot deep.
- ABSOLUTELY NO THROWING ANYONE IN THE POOL.
- ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS IN POOL AREA
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN POOL AREA.
- No children under the age of 16 will be left unattended in pool area.
- No floats allowed in pool. Childrens’ arm bands or noodles are allowed.
- Proper swimwear is to be worn. No pants with zippers.
- Pool will open at 9:00 am and close at dusk.
Anyone not following Pool Rules will get penalized:
1st time no pool for a week
2nd time no pool for 1 month
3rd time barred for the season
There will be more rules posted in pool area next year per the state of Connecticut.